Phone: 608-723-2157

Reporting Accidents

1. Call the Sheriff's Office (608) 723-2157 immediately when an accident occurs.

2. You must report an accident if:
        A. There is injury or death to a person.
        B. Damage to any property is $1000 or more.
        C. $200 in damages to government property.

3. The patrol officer must fill out the accident report in Grant County.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: You must report your accident to the Grant County Sheriff.
Reporting it to the State, and NOT reporting to the Sheriff's Office could result in a fine.
If you have any questions please call (608) 723-2157.